Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Night Mist


SOLD
Night Mist
13 cm x 20 cm. 5.1 in x 7.9 in.
Watercolour
“I am often awake and working in the middle of the night. Last night, with the light of a faint waxing crescent moon, the night mist made soft and ethereal shapes across the garden towards the field. Surprisingly this painting took just as long as the others have although at first glance it is just a bunch of blues and greys! I think it worked, for me it did anyway. This is what it looked and felt like. As a painting it is not perhaps the most colourful or uplifting but then this painting a day game is all about practise and keeping fit as an artist, so maybe after a while it is important to try out some new moves. This is one, painting the night!”
Check out a bigger watercolour that I finished today over on my other blog Muddy Red Shoes
I would love to know what you think.

2 comments:

Peter Yesis said...

Now I know how you get those beautiful first morning light painting done. You never sleep!

tlc illustration said...

How fun and atmospheric. I love night paintings.