Thursday, September 28, 2006

Parasol Mushrooms

Parasol Mushrooms
19 cm x 20 cm. 7.5 in x 7.9 in.
Watercolour
“The first mushrooms that I have found this year. These are parasol mushrooms, or lepiota. They were clean and fresh, growing beneath some old hazel trees on the edge of the field. Standing up over the dew soaked grass like sentinels of autumn, their soft earthy smell quietly heralding the change in the seasons. I have enough for supper for they make splendid eating. I suppose I should add that they cause upset tummies in some people and you should check very carefully before eating fungi. I have foraged for fungus for many a year, tried a lot of them and have a few favourites. You have to make your own mind up on the fungi as free food fing!”
This is also available as a giclee print in a strictly limited edition of 25

2 comments:

wagonized said...

Beautiful colors. Am i repeating myself if i say this is amazing? Yes, well, here we go: i love how i can perceive the depth of the basket. Superbes champignons!

Ann Elizabeth Schlegel said...

Your work is very beautiful... wonderful skill and depth.