Thursday, September 21, 2006

Painting 100


SOLD
Self Portrait With Shaved Head

22 cm x 28 cm. 8.7 in x 11 in.
Watercolour

“ This is the 100th painting a day. Which I think calls for a celebration. So here is a self-portrait. Portraits in watercolour are difficult and this took a little longer than the maximum two hours that I normally allow. But doing it for 100 days is an achievement and its not every day that I get the opportunity to paint a woman with a shaved head, even if it is me! Setting myself the task of doing one painting a day has been a challenge, sometimes having to get up early in the morning to be able to do it as well as illustration and commissions… but it is a practice that I would recommend to anyone. It has made me realise that I need to paint my own stuff as well as what I am asked to do by other people and so the spin off has been a huge increase in work on my part, more paintings than I show here. Soon I shall be looking for a gallery, or two, to take my work, so if anyone out there is interested get in touch.”

2 comments:

Peter Yesis said...

Congratulations on 100 paintings and on a beautiful self portrait! There are few who can do watercolor, fewer who do them well, and even fewer who do them everyday. Count yourself amoung those few who do all three. I am glad I found your blog, I can't wait to see the next hundred.

Vivienne St Clair said...

Congratulations....may you have as much fun with the next 100!