Thursday, October 19, 2006

Broken Windows

SOLD
Broken Windows
20 cm x 20 cm. 7.9 in x 7.9 in.
Oil on stretched linen canvas

“ Vannes is a lovely town, full of wonderful architecture and beautiful shops. As is often the case with picturesque places it is easy to overlook the more subtle beauty that is there. These buildings with their arrangement of windows attracted me. The way the walls seemed to lean at a slightly odd angle, which was echoed in the sky above by a vapour trail was interesting. I feel the same way about people, lived in faces and bodies have rich stories to tell.”

The reproduction of these paintings leaves a bit to be desired, I am sorry about that. The fact is they are wet when I photograph them and I am not much of a photographer. In real life they are crisper and the colours are clear. However if you like them now just think how much you would like to own it, to see it for real…go on, buy one! Email me and we can sort it out. The prices are up to the right all including postage.

1 comment:

ParisBreakfasts said...

I LOVE this painting Sarah! Terrific