Tuesday, October 03, 2006


Evening Sun
20 cm x 19 cm. 7.9 in x 7.5 in.

“After a long dry summer, finally, the rain has come bringing with it an explosion of fresh new growth amongst the ferns and grasses. I needed to paint some ferns for a commission to illustrate a poem. These caught my eye while walking today. Bright and vibrant among the browns and reds of the autumn undergrowth.”


Tim Schutz said...

Wow, really like this. Those greens explode out of the maroons and reds around them. Very Nice!

Simone of Art Critiques said...

I am just amazed by your watercolors. You remind me of another favorite watercolor artist; Mary Whyte. She is well-known in the US art world.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm sorry that I lost your comments and others due to a blog mishap.

mark anderson said...

I have some thoughts too...good thoughts. I've looked at your work awhile, but these ferns forced me to say beautiful work! Your watercolors make me want to do watercolor. I love the landscapes, they're honest, sincere, the light and color is right. You can draw. Also I commend you for working so hard. It looks like its been worth it!