Sunday, October 22, 2006

Poppies in the Rain

Poppies in the Rain
24 cm x 24 cm. 9.4 in x 9.4 in.
Watercolour
“I am not going to Paris after all. The car has broken and will cost a lot to fix. So today I was stomping around in the rain clearing out the workshop. On the way to the bonfire I saw these poppy heads, now skeletal tatters, standing against the grey rain soaked sky. I had to stop and draw them, then, very wet, go inside to make this painting. Afterwards I felt much better about everything. Maybe watercolour is my comfort food!”
This is for sale, I have to fix the car now so it all helps!
60 pounds (UK) 116 dollars (USA) and 90 euros (Europe). which includes the postage. Email me if you would like to buy this and any others. Or leave a comment if you like my work, it all helps you know and is much appreciated.

5 comments:

dinahmow said...

Sarah, I check your wonderful site every day, for inspiration and smiles. Selfishly, I am not sorry you have to stay home and keep painting! Paris will still be there when the car's fixed. Time now to flex my own brushes.
Merci et bon chance
Dinahmow

tlc illustration said...

This is so lovely and so 'glowy'. Your watercolors are etherially perfect.

Sorry about your car mishap and canceled trip...

Kim Rhoney said...

This piece totally inspired me!
It made me want to get out my water colors...

Anonymous said...

So you didn't make it to Paree after all..Domage but c'est la vie.
I passed by that café after my lunch date but personne..Yeah I've been hit by blogs of note WOW! the champagne ran out very fast!
Carolg of PB

Ester said...

this is a beautiful watercolor!