Monday, October 02, 2006

River

SOLD
River
20 cm x 15 cm. 7.9 in x 5.9 in.
Watercolour
“There is a place on the river, where the locks are. Just there a thin wall of stone reaches out into the water. Along that it is possible to walk, then you can sit, perched in the middle of the river. There was nothing particularly remarkable about the view. The sky was grey and a little cloudy. The trees ware the soft tired green that they wear just before the blaze that is autumn. However the sense of peace and tranquillity was huge. Maybe it was being surrounded by flowing water, or the soft light, I don't know but it was very relaxing to be there.”
This is for sale, the prices are up there to the right. It will be in a mount but not framed, posting framed work is a bit hit and miss. It will be lovingly wrapped and in a nice safe envelope.
Also available as a limited edition print, they look great, printed on very nice ink jet watercolour paper and in an edition of only 25.
I feel like I should have a market stall but I have to make a living you know so please forgive the little sales pitch!

3 comments:

René said...

That's Holland !!! :-)

Or it could be......

Dian said...

Your paintings are magnificent. The light here...I can smell the air! I view them every day. Don't often comment because I'm sure you've heard it all before. Some day, I hope I can see and paint as well as you do.

Jan Blencowe said...

Lovely light on the water. I really admire your skies too.