Thursday, November 16, 2006

Savoy Cabbage


Savoy Cabbage
16cm x 16cm. 6.3in x 6.3in.
Oil on stretched canvas

“For me this is the king of cabbages, I don’t care what it tastes like, although it tastes fabulous, I think it is simply stunning to look at. Deep furrows of greeny blue with ruffles of bright greens. If I ever had to have a posh frock, like I had an invitation to the Oscar’s or some such party, then I would base it on a Savoy cabbage. Just imagine how beautiful it would be!”

This is Available at The Gillian Jones Gallery

2 comments:

pastels said...

Good choice of subject!

I have been know to buy savoy cabbages just to look at them. And "he who must not be bored while I sketch" has been told it's good for him!

Suzi-k said...

lovely! I see what you mean about vegetable casserole, the last few would be great in a group!..........mmmmm rats, making me hungry, think i must do a good thick stew tonight!