Friday, December 01, 2006

Beeswing


Beeswing
16cm x 16cm. 6.3in x 6.3in.
Oil on stretched canvas

“The French for a still life painting is une nature mort, now is that dead nature or natural death? I suppose it could be both. My windowsill in the studio held this little tableau, I was listening to Richard Thompson singing one of my most favourite songs, “Beeswing” and so this seemed the perfect subject for today’s painting. Sad but beautiful.”

This is for sale.
60 pounds (UK) 116 dollars (USA) and 90 euros (Europe). This includes the postage.
Email me if you would like to buy this or any of the other paintings.
It is the countdown to Christmas and paintings make lovely presents, they are just so easy to wrap!

2 comments:

wagonized said...

Nature morte... dead nature indeed. There is a sadness about this one that is grand.
Thanks for displaying such beauty on your blog.

French Fancy said...

it's one of my favourite Richard songs as well. What a genius that man is. Good painting btw