Saturday, December 02, 2006

Rust

SOLD
Rust
16cm x 16cm. 6.3in x 6.3in.
Oil on stretched canvas

“Walking across the fields I found this rusty bell, its used by the hunters for their dogs. The metal all rusted and the old green leather strap sodden and faded. Time drawing on the surfaces. It must have lain hidden in the grass for month’s maybe even years before I picked it up and moved it on. A little, slow journey. It reminded me of a moment when I lived in Israel. I was working on some illustrations for a book and I was given a roman oil lamp to draw and I could hold it. It was a very simple, pottery lamp but as I worked I saw impressed into the clay the thumbprint of the potter who had made it. Leaping across a thousand years or more, a moment in time lands at your feet or in your hands. A story reveals part of itself and, if you are lucky, you are there when this happens.”

This is for sale.
60 pounds (UK) 116 dollars (USA) and 90 euros (Europe). This includes the postage.
Email me if you would like to buy this or any of the other paintings.

1 comment:

René said...

Soo true, .... thanks.