Sunday, February 04, 2007

Comfort Food


Comfort Food
16cm x 16cm. 6.3in x 6.3in.
Oil on stretched canvas

Today I have been struggling, with the cold, with winter, with painting, with everything. This is a solution, comfort food, Golden Syrup on toast, by the fire. I have the fire, I have the tin of Golden Syrup but the only problem is that it is empty; I can’t find the stuff in France. I refuse to go to one of those shops set up for “ex-pats”; I don’t think I am an “ex-pat”. I am just me, a European person, living in a place a few miles from where I was born, missing Golden Syrup.

60 pounds (UK) 116 dollars (USA) and 85 euros (Europe).

This includes the postage.

2 comments:

Nicholas said...

hello

Katherine said...

I used to like it in flapjacks when i was small!

I can't remember the last time I saw it in a supermarket over here. I'm sure it must be there but I'm not big on baking so don't tend to look much at that bit.