Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Boy in Sunlight


Boy in Sunlight
25.5cm x 20.5cm. 10 in x 8 in.
Oil gesso board.
Click on the image for a larger view

Sometimes gloom descends and I doubt everything. Its "arty-pants" "creative nonsense" and I hate it. It is those times when I try to test myself with a difficult subject. This young man is not a difficult subject, he is a very willing and excellent model but painting a face in such deep shadow with strong light touching just part of it is difficult. Unexpected colours appear, shapes are hidden within the darkness. Anyway having tackled it I feel a bit better, I think it worked. This is a warm up for a larger portrait.
60 pounds (UK) 116 dollars (USA) and 85 euros (Europe). This includes the postage.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Lovely portrait Sarah - I'm sure many would be extraordinarily happy if this were the final version!