Friday, March 30, 2007

Spring Ploughing

SOLD
Spring Ploughing
25.5cm x 20.5cm. 10 in x 8 in.
Oil gesso board.

Another sign that spring is on the way, tractors turning the earth with an audience of hopeful seagulls. Getting this was quite funny. I was on my way out to meet a friend for lunch, dressed in an assemblage of bright colours, purple, scarlet and a rainbow jumper, my going out clothes, when I saw this. So I stopped the car and ran back down the road to sketch the scene, first of all the seagulls took fright as I appeared, big and brightly coloured against all the browns and greens, so I drew the tractor and the field while they calmed down. The farmer must have wondered what on earth I was doing as he drove up and down several times passing me standing on his hedge, in my best clothes, drawing away. At least we didn’t talk or he would have guessed that I was English, maybe he guessed anyway!


No comments: