Saturday, June 16, 2007


One year on, 300 paintings later, I would like to have posted up a painting today but I am still working through the illustrations. I have been working on a new portrait though which I will show as soon as it is finished and I am dying to get back to some more regular painting.
I would like to say a very big thank you to everyone who has brought a painting, given me feedback and just said hello over the past year. I have met some wonderful people and made some new friends and convinced myself that the world is full of lovely folk.
Now that’s a good thing indeed.
I plan to keep painting and hopefully keep selling my work for affordable prices, long live affordable art, spread the word, put an original on the wall; it costs about the same as a mass-produced print from IKEA. That cant be bad.
Happy Birthday to The Red Shoes!Love from Sarah xx

7 comments:

Susan Borgas said...

Congratulations and may there be another year to follow.... I know I will be along for the ride. :D

simon said...

Congrats too!

I have to say I love my origianl art work from you ..the colour and the mood.

You are right Long live affordable art!

Jane Walker said...

Yes Happy Birthday and long live affordable art. \\ It's the way to go. You are an inspiration to us all.

Jane

Peter Yesis said...

Congratulations Sarah! It was a very pleasurable year visting the French countryside through your paintings. Hopefully we can make it over there for real in 2008.

Continued success to you

Mireille said...

Bon anniversaire à "Red Shoes" et bonne continuation ...j'aime beaucoup votre travail, bravo.
à bientôt

Suzi-k said...

happy birthday and many many more fruitful years. I have been so inspired by your work and posts in this past year, thank you for your generosity in sharing your knowledge!

Sue said...

I love your work and work ethic.