Friday, July 27, 2007

Sea Trees on the Dunes.

available at Gear Farm Organic Cafe

Sea Trees on the Dunes. (seascape2)

Dry sand beneath my feet. Cotton grass shuddering in the sea breeze. The smell of hot pine resin on the air. A long way off I can hear the waves and children are shouting. It is like a lullaby. This place makes me think of my childhood, long hot summers in Cornwall, forgetting completely about school, rain or grey skies. Where I was became a desert island and I became Robinson Crusoe. As I push my feet into the hot sand I know that it is never really lost, that island in my mind, the endless summer of childhood. It is sweet to be able to step back into it for a little while.


25.5cm x 20.5cm. 10in x 8in.
Oil. Painting 008
This painting is for sale:95 pounds (UK) 186 dollars (USA) and 125 euros (Europe).

1 comment:

Cathy (Kate) Johnson said...

I really love your sketches...they have so much life and energy.