Saturday, September 22, 2007

Chutney and Marmalade


SOLD
Chutney and Marmalade (buildings 8)
My friends kitchen again. I am drawn to the warmth and humanity of this place. The light comes into the room elevating the mundane to the realms of glorious. This day she had been making chutney from the glut of apples and marmalade, which sat on the table in jars like so many jewels. This is autumn, a table loaded with good things being “put up” for the winter, bright splashes of gold and red amongst the warm browns. I know they all think I am a bit nuts when I go on and on about their kitchen but I really love it as a subject for painting.

25.5cm x 20.5cm. 10in x 8in.
Watercolour. Painting 027
This painting is for sale, matted and costing:
85 pounds (UK) 170 dollars (USA) and 126 euros (Europe). This includes the postage.

9 comments:

JorisDR said...

I like your way of painting with aquarelle,
nice and rough,with enough uncoloured spots.
it's also good you are a bit subjective
...nice work

JorisDR said...

I like your way of painting with aquarelle,
well-observed and a bit rough(keeps it intressting)
...succes

vivien said...

gorgeous and luscious painting - and I'd love your friends kitchen too!

Sandy said...

Your painting of your friend's kitchen is so warm and welcoming. I love the beautiful light and the delightful looseness of your painting style.

Joan Y said...

What has always attracted me to your paintings is your incredible treatment of light ... in your landscapes shining through trees and now in your kitchenscapes! This is beautiful!

Katherine said...

Gorgeous - I think we need more chutney making!

Carol Marine said...

Wow - this is an amazing painting! I get why you like this kitchen - I want to live there myself.

Jess said...

I love this painting, the way you've painted the light - just brilliant. x

Christeen said...

This is SO beautiful!