Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Skylines.


Skylines. (landscapes 5)

I am really fed up today. I put a painting in for a juried exhibition in London and it didn’t get in. These things happen so I have cheered myself up by painting! Skylines are traversing the heavens, the sun is warm and the first scents of autumn are in the air. There really is nothing wrong with my world, so what if a bunch of celebrities didn’t choose my painting, I still recon it was one of my best (it was that Sunday morning kitchen one). Anyway I am busy finishing a few portraits ready for an exhibition in Hennebont, go and have a look on Muddy Red Shoes to see them. I am back to painting now, feeling un loved, like Van Gogh!
Ha!



25.5cm x 20.5cm. 10in x 8in.
Oil. Painting 025
This painting is for sale:85 pounds (UK) 170 dollars (USA) and 126 euros (Europe). This includes the postage.

4 comments:

René PleinAir. said...

That can't be a good jury then, I reckon. They really don't know what there missing. Aaah well, usually it says more about the jury then over the work they are judging.

Cheer up Sarah, for me and a lot of others your still THE BEST!!

Paul Wolber said...

Sarah,
I know what you mean about the juried show. I recall entering a show I really wanted to get in but got kicked out. Later I submitted the same work to a more prestigeous show and won a purchase award. So hang in there.

Paul

vivien said...

don't be too down - the competition is ferocious and it's very difficult to get accepted (I've never even tried because of that and the hassle of getting work there)

Juried shows are strange and it's hit and miss on who the jurors are and what their angle is

... and your work is great

Katherine said...

I think Paul gives great advice - I've known other people's works that can't get into one show and then go on to win prizes at more prestigious shows.

Horses and courses - you know the deal...........

Or at least that's what I told myself after a couple of mine which I thought were really got rejected from (separate) shows.