Saturday, October 06, 2007

Airport Cafe


Airport Cafe (cafes 3)
I love airport cafes. It might be the fact that people are waiting, some call it killing time but I think of it as embroidering time. When you are forced to take a little time out from the everyday routine, waiting for someone or something, or in the middle of a journey, then you have time for a bit of life embroidery… That is time for reflection, time to doodle with your thoughts, read a book, linger over a coffee. Perhaps it is because there are so many emotions in the atmosphere, so many greetings and farewells that these places hold the sadness and joy like a perfume on the air.

I am sorry that I have not been painting much lately, normal service will be resumed soon I hope and very shortly I may be transferring sales to eBay.

25.5cm x 20.5cm. 10in x 8in.
Watercolour. Painting 028
This painting is for sale, matted and costing:
85 pounds (UK) 170 dollars (USA) and 126 euros (Europe). This includes the postage.

2 comments:

Anita said...

I love the pose of the figure, half fed up and half engrossed...Perfect!
I also really like the red chairs

Jess said...

The way you use watercolour is magical. I really must practice with it more!