Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bar


Bar (buildings 10)
I am an outsider, a foreigner here, I always will be and it is something that I relish. Being an outsider enables me to see things that I know, if I had grown up here, would probably pass me by unnoticed. Also this outsider ship makes me see things that, to my eyes anyway, are essentially French. Now France is a very beautiful country, full to bursting with wonderful sights and places but sometimes I am attracted by the mundane or even ugly. Like this Bar. I think it looks beautiful and French and well…I love it, so I thought I would celebrate that. Here it is!

25cmx 19cm. 10in x 7.5in.
Watercolour. Painting 030
This painting is for sale, matted and costing:
85 pounds (UK) 170 dollars (USA) and 126 euros (Europe). This includes the postage.

3 comments:

Laureline said...

Oh, I love it, too. Your work is a continual delight and source of information.

Laureline said...

I meant, 'source of inspiration!'

Jane Walker said...

You got it! I know exactly the sort of place you mean - usually the more scruffy and ordinary on the outside the more atmospheric and delicious on the inside.