Monday, October 15, 2007

Kissing Houses


Kissing Houses (buildings 9)
Vannes is full of beautiful half-timbered medieval houses that lean towards each other almost kissing at roof level.
I like the complex patterns the painted timbers make and the strange topple down feeling of the whole town, as if someone once upon a time made the place out of a collection of little sticks and cards leaning them every which way to help them stand up.

30cmx 23cm. 12in x 9in.
Watercolour. Painting 029
This painting is for sale, matted and costing:85 pounds (UK) 170 dollars (USA) and 126 euros (Europe). This includes the postage.

3 comments:

René PleinAir. said...

I would commit a crime to see you make a Work In Progress, .....

Envy me.

It's not only kissing houses, you make them sooooo well that they also become kissing souls!

Anita said...

I love the palette you chose for the house in the shadow

Cassoulet Cafe said...

very nice...this reminds me of an area i once visited in Limoges...