Saturday, November 10, 2007

Another World.

Another World. (seascapes 8)

I was sitting up on the cliffs on the Cote Sauvage watching these two little girls playing. They were running about in the wind then flinging themselves on the short sea cropped grass in fits of laughter. Childhood is another world, a place where the dancing in the wind can be the funniest thing. While I watched them I suddenly thought of the painting “Christina’s World” by Andrew Wyeth, depicting another world altogether but I always find it interesting when paintings trigger responses and I often try to follow them.
25.5cm x 20.5cm. 10in x 8in.
Oil. Painting 038
This painting is for sale:
85 pounds (UK) 170 dollars (USA) and 126 euros (Europe). This includes the postage.


Christina's World by Andrew Wyeth (I LOVE his work)

1 comment:

red tin heart said...

very lovely. childhood is another world isn't it? a better place... to bad it goes so fast. xoxo nita