Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Bowl of Tomatoes

SOLD
Bowl of Tomatoes
Guess where I was for Sunday lunch…my friend’s place, the kitchen that I can’t seem to stop painting.
On the windowsill stood a bowl of tomatoes, every sort that you could image, rich purple, pale yellow, striped green and deep reds, orbs of glorious colours. Behind them was a dusty demi-john and a pot of bright red azaleas. She doesn’t realise it but the way she stacks up the bounty from the vegetable garden and then casually places the flowers is simply lovely. There is glory in the muddle and a relaxed warmth that warrants celebration. She will charge a commission soon if I carry on like this!

24cm x 19cm. 9.4in x 7.5in.
Watercolour.
This painting is for sale:

85 pounds (UK) 170 dollars (USA) and 126 euros (Europe). This includes the postage.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

You are a fabulous watercolorist. And I don't mind saying so. I'm wondering what it is about the tube paints that make you prefer the pans so? Do you ever make your own pans with tube paint? Inquiring minds want to know!

Sandy said...

Wow...gorgeous!!!!!!

sandy

red tin heart said...

i truly love this. simplicity at its best. xoxo nita