Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Hedge, Late Afternoon.

SOLD
Hedge, Late Afternoon. (Landscapes 10)

Walking home in the low sunlight of a late autumn afternoon the hedgerows are, for a short while, made of bronze, gold and diamonds. Sculptures of light, filigree branches swoop and tangle together, points of pure gold push their way through like a fairytale princes sword.
I have tried to capture some of the mayhem of colour and light in this painting. If you are interested in the process of its making then today I have explained it as best I can, from start to finish on Muddy Red Shoes

25.5cm x 20.5cm. 10in x 8in.
Watercolour . Painting 036

5 comments:

DweezelJazz said...

That's a beautiful painting! Very special. Cheers

Cathy (Kate) Johnson said...

I love how you've captured that intense, dramatic light--that's a bewitching time of day, isn't it? And you DID it! Kudos!

rob ijbema said...

sometimes i wonder over here and enjoy your days...that hedge is glorious!

Linda said...

This is really a lovely, stunning painting. I know you showed how you did it and I also know I couldn't even come close to what you did.

Katherine said...

Hi
This image has been nominated for my competition to find the best artwork completed and posted on an art/illustrated blog in 2007 - See
this post
on (Making A Mark December 17th) which identifies the link to this URL. You may find you get a few visitors!

Readers of my blog will be voting next week for the five nominations selected as finalists - to be posted on Monday on my blog, Making A Mark, along with a complete list of all images/blogs/artists nominated - plus small images of each nominated work.

Can I have permission to post the image on my blog on Monday please?

Merry Christmas
Katherine

PS Sarah - As per request on the other nomination I'll assume agreement! ;)