Thursday, January 10, 2008

Houses of Parliament, Sunrise.

SOLD
Houses of Parliament, Sunrise.
37cm x 49cm. 14.6in x 19.3in.
Watercolour.
I wanted to pay homage to one of my favorite artists, Monet. So one day in London I got up early and made my way to the footbridge next to the Hungerford Bridge. In the biting cold dawn I made several sketches of this view. I love the juxtaposition of the London eye, so big and modern with the soft, spiky-brown and very old Houses of Parliament. I also liked the spots of light breaking up the dark shapes of the early morning.
This is quite big for a watercolour so you might like to click on the picture to get up close and personal with the marks and the details.

This painting is for sale: 175 pounds (UK) 345 dollars (USA) and 234 euros (Europe).This includes the postage.

1 comment:

Jane Walker said...

You have excelled yourself this time.. it's brilliant. This is one of the places I feel really centered. I am a total gypsy but here I was born so at least I can claim some sense of belonging. I adore the way the wheel adds to the skyline. I think the little group of parliament buildings with Big Ben is a painting in its own right - a gem of a detail. Many other good things...