Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cornish Daffodils, Cold Wind

Cornish Daffodils, Cold Wind
10in x 8in or 25.4cm x 20.3cm
Oil on canvas board.

Another view of the daffodil fields in Cornwall. Weak spring sunshine barely takes the chill out of the wind but this bright yellow flower brings a warmth to the winter tired landscape and a promise of spring around the corner.
Again, not for sale, off to a gallery, details to follow later.Please forgive the rubbish picture, I haven’t set up my painting photographing corner yet…like everything else, it seems to be taking an age. I am an impatient person so I must off and away to practice deep breathing and calming down things!

3 comments:

Katherine Tyrrell said...

Terrific 'skeletal' trees - that's so difficult to pull off. Plus I like the rim of light on the daffs.

WR Jones said...

Good painting. It looks like a lot of flowers to select from for the coffee table.

Suzi-k said...

oh this reminds me of a delightful series of books i read by someone who grew daffodills in Cornwall, was it Derrick Tangey? Great stories of rural life and mad donkeys and stunning scenery.