Saturday, May 10, 2008

Spring Lane, Gillan Creek.

Spring Lane, Gillan Creek.
Sketchbook.
This is the lane that runs alongside the creek, where I shall be walking the good dog coco as soon as we move into our new house and she comes back from my Mums house. These lanes, deeply dappled in the brightest greens and washed with swathes of blue from the bluebells, are like long, cool breaths of pure oxygen.

Another sketchbook page, you can order a print for £10 or $20, posting and packing included, just send me an email if you would like one.

7 comments:

vivien said...

I love the narrow lanes with the trees meeting overhead like this with the dappled light - and you've caught it beautifully :>)

doudy said...

The shadows are fantastic, the way they intersect...and the colors are great too..I love it.
"Sheep on the hill" is wonderful too, the light on the sheep in the foreground is very nice and innovative.

A Brush with Color said...

Yes--wonderful dappled light you communicated. Just lovely.

Holly Lombardo said...

I agree..the shadows on the road a perfect!!

Sharon said...

I really like how you handled the masses of foliage, which I think is difficult.

Yellow said...

This is a view I've been longing to tackle, the path in the woods behind Penshaw Monument. It must have taken guts to paint such a challenging view.

Jess said...

This is soo pretty! I love the dappled light on the path too.