Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tall Trees Helford.

Tall Trees, Helford.
Sketchbook.
I was down at my nearest recycling place, a car park perched above the Helford River, just along from Frenchman's Creek (that's for all Daphne du Maurier fans out there), I was dreaming away while I threw the wine bottles into the big bin, staring at these beautiful tall trees. I thought it is possibly the most beautiful recycling place in the world. So I finished the flinging of bottles, got out my sketchbook and drew the tall trees, dark against the sun.

6 comments:

A Brush with Color said...

LOL--well, I'd have to agree--our recycling place is not quite this attractive. Lovely!

Priscilla Treacy said...

I love your watercolors! They have such a loose and rhytmic quality to them. They have "reality" while being so uniquely personal as well.

Katherine Tyrrell said...

What a lovely painting - I can see why you felt the need to get the brush out.

I'm off to the Chelsea Flower Show today and have been avidly watching Gardener's World programmes about it this week. The connection with this post is the garden which has trees which they are calling "cloud trees". I'd never come across the term before - but as soon as I saw this painting it reminded me of the cloud trees.

Which gives you a title for the next time you do them! ;)

Cheryl A. Pass said...

"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderlay ....."
Is the place nearby? One of my all time favorite stories!!
Inspiration at the recycling center..you never know where you'll find it!! :-)

Cheryl A. Pass said...

"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderlay ....."
Is the place nearby? One of my all time favorite stories!!
Inspiration at the recycling center..you never know where you'll find it!! :-)

Jane Walker said...

Hey they look like parasol pines.. most unusually shaped trees in any case.. there's something about recycling - you feel so good afterwards.. no wonder you were inspired to paint.