Thursday, July 31, 2008

Polwheveral Creek

Polwheveral Creek
Watercolour
Sketchbook

One of my other hats is a gardening hat.  I "do" a garden that sits right on one of these creeks and on the way home I pass this one.  There is a gateway and a field high above the river.  It hardly seems like work to garden in such a fantastic location and I am always filled with energy, so to sit in the field and paint makes a perfect combination.   I have painted this creek before, back in March it is quite interesting to see how the seasons affect one view and I have a feeling that this is a view that I shall paint often.

1 comment:

A Brush with Color said...

Wow--what a difference in the two paintings, yet how similar as well. They're both stunning. It must be a magnificent place. Your paintings are really showing such a love of place lately as if you have "settled in" somewhere again. They're beautiful.