Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Black Prince and Many Moons

Black Prince and Many Moons
Watercolour 
24 x 32 cm or 9 x 12 in.

A friend of mine has been growing these beautiful tomatoes and I thought that a watercolour still life of them would do just nicely for tomato Tuesday over on the Daily Paintworks group, I will pop over there later to see if anyone else has "done a tomato". Getting the black of the black prince was lovely, it is a deep red/green, glorious colour.

This is for sale for £100 or $200 post and packing included. Please email me if you are interested.

5 comments:

A Brush with Color said...

gorgeous rich colors!!

Peter Yesis said...

Beautiful arrangement. Does that Black Prince tomato taste as good as it looks? I am hoping everyone painted a tomato today.

Sharon said...

This is just wonderful - the colors, shading, composition!

Belinda Del Pesco said...

Wonderful painting! I love the colors and the composition on this!

laura said...

Fabulous--I love the reflected light on the tomatoes, and the Black Prince is wonderful--so many colors in that dark ... I also love the background: in all, a great portrait of tomatoes!