Friday, August 08, 2008

Road to the Sea

Road to the Sea
Watercolour
Sketchbook

Deep leafy shadows, cool and green, out into the sunlight and down to the sea. 
This is the sketch in the sketchbook...now I am working on an oil of the same subject.  Which, hopefully I will post up in the next few days. 
 
My broken computer is back along with all my missing data so I am hopeful that my mailing list will be up and running again.  I am having big thinks about: subject matter, why I paint, pricing work, working practise, handling paint, selling online as well as in a gallery and so it goes on.  It is all very confusing sometimes...but it needs thinking about... or does it? 

5 comments:

Suzanne McDermott said...

Beautiful, as always, Sarah. And big thinks on these subjects are inevitable and important. Because I've spent a lot of time considering the same recently (and I'm positive that we're not alone), I'll share that - notwithstanding the practicality of earning one's living through sales of paintings and all that goes with that - the daily practice is the jewel, the real reward, and you know that you're a better artist for it.

Ginny said...

Sarah, Thinking the same thoughts here in Sierra Madre (Southern California). Wonder if I should take up tap dancing or perhaps fencing (love the outfits) but then today I played with paint and said "Oh no! this is what is real." So we solider on and make art stuff for ourselves and other like minded folk. You are a treasure.

vivien said...

also working out future plans

this is lovely and captures the light and spirit of place beautifully

tlc illustration said...

I always wonder if I'm thinking too much, and maybe I should just focus on painting more...

(You, however, already paint *more* - so maybe the thinking is more helpful in your case).

Love your watercolor studies...

laine lea said...

Couldnt agree more ~ the thinking can boggle the mind but needed! I guess as artist the 'right brain' and left brain just want to disagree at times! Love your bolg site and your work.