Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mooring Lines


Mooring Lines
Oil on Canvas
120 cm x 40 cm or 47 in x 15.5 in

Obviously this is a larger painting, I wanted to get the effect of the reflected light on the water, I think I shall have to do some detail pictures as you really cant see it very well here, so...more moorings later!  Actually if you click on the picture it does come up quite a lot bigger, I have just tried it.  There are leaves floating on the water, I love that "three worlds" feeling that I get when studying water... do you know what I mean by three worlds?

4 comments:

René PleinAir. said...

No idea, but to be honest there is something wrong about this reflection, ...
I get the feeling that the are two Currents or that there is a reflection of sunlight from the water against the hull, although you can't see it on the hull itself, ...

It got great abstractness though, and I like the ships-painting A LOT!!

muddy red shoes said...

Rene, you are right, there should be more on the hull...I am going to get to work on it today!

Katherine Tyrrell said...

I love the composition and I love the colours - and I don't understand the three worlds.........

Have you had an invitation from Vivien?

muddy red shoes said...

see Escher, I will explain later