Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Cold Shining Water

Cold Shining Water

10cm x 10cm x 3cm or 4in x 4in x 1.5in

Oil on wooden panel


Just starting a series of tiny tree and water studies, all gallery bound, on these beautiful wooden panels that I have vowed to use... forever, they are so good.

These tiny ones are interesting as the further away from them you get the better they look, see here in the smaller image.
I visited the gallery yesterday and was really excited to see one of the triptych's framed, it looks stunning, really good, I was very proud. Framing makes such a huge difference. The only one there is Stones because the other two sold straight away to Portugal but I am inspired to do some more almost just for the pleasure of seeing them framed. The exhibition opens on Friday and I will be interested to see if Stones sells.

4 comments:

René PleinAir. said...

It giving me the shivers but not from the coldness but more from the beauty.

vivien said...

beautiful!

I would LOVE one


and amazing as it's the exact size I've just done a series as you noticed - and we cross posted - something in the air!

Siret said...

Beautiful impression!

You have great style :)

WoolMoon said...

Love love love this.