Saturday, April 04, 2009

Masking Tape

Masking Tape
Moleskine Sketchbook.
Watercolour

I cant believe it, it has been nearly a month that I have neglected this sketchbook... shame, shame.
I have been working on a lot of illustration, several commissions and painting my boat... excuses, excuses
One morning, early, I was down by the boat, still, silence, save for the lapping of the water and a few rooks clacking their way into the morning. The sun was promising a very fine day, casting shadows onto freshly painted boats. Masking tape strips hiding crisp lines... boats ready for the unveiling. In the air hangs the scent of daffodils and fresh new leaves. Colours are bright. Spring. Its all so exciting!

4 comments:

René PleinAir. said...

It took me quite a while to figure out where you did use masking tape, .... hehehe


You didn't !! :-)

Very abstract, and VERY pleasing!

muddy red shoes said...

Ha! its on the boat...in the picture!

René PleinAir. said...

Yes I figured it out! lol

cathsheard said...

Those blues are so intense - divine! I had to read it twice to get where the masking tape was. Bit slow today LOL