Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Sketchbooks


I have been having problems with my other blog, Muddy Foot Prints, don't know why and haven't got the time to find out so, for now, have taken it away.

All is not lost though as over on my sketchbook blog I shall be archiving a sketchbook of my Great Great Grandfather, E.M.Wimperis. They are dated from 1880 and 1900. He was born on February 6th 1835 and died on Christmas day 1900, so he was obviously working up to the end of his life. I hope that I follow in his footsteps as I can think of nothing better than to be drawing until the end.
It has been given to me by my Dad as a 50th birthday present and I am more thrilled than I can say. I adore sketchbooks and this collection has some stunning pieces in it. Over the next few weeks I will post all of the pages. I hope that, if you are interested in this sort of thing, you will enjoy them as much as I do.

4 comments:

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

I love that you come from a long, long line of 'creatives.' How special that these sketchbooks are now yours to protect and love. Thank you for sharing and Happy B-day!

laura said...

What beautiful sketches--and what a phenomenal 50th birthday present to have from your dad!

Lindsay said...

It's in your genes! This is just amazing.

rob ijbema said...

yes what a great present,now we know where your talent comes from sarah,these sketches are good and i look forward to more