Monday, August 10, 2009

Japanese Garden, Bamboo


Japanese Garden, Bamboo.
A3 Moleskine Sketchbook, 29.7cm x 42cm or 16.5 inches x 12.5 inches.
Watercolour
I went on a tiny holiday camping up on Exmoor. On the way up we stopped at the Japanese Garden and Bonsai Nursery. A hidden jem in a tiny village just outside Newquay. If you are ever in that area it is well worth a visit, it is stunning. So peaceful and beautiful that I decided to devote my new largest Moleskine Watercolour Sketchbook to Cornish gardens.
In the Japanese Garden the contrasting textures and the wealth of greens were glorious. Neatly clipped cushions of Box roll silently beneath cascades of Bamboo tears. The crimson hews of Acers colour the light and a gentle breeze plays deep sonorous notes on a giant wind chime.

2 comments:

Katherine Tyrrell said...

OK - you're making me want to look at train times. My project when I finally get to Cornwall is go round and do the various Cornish Gardens!

I've got all the garden directory books if you need any hints and tips!

Bonsai Amy said...

Check out this new bonsai guide I recently got. It's really useful for any type of bonsai lover.
It has illustrations of other bonsai trees from all over as well. It contains knowledge for beginners and experts alike.
I posted the link where I got it from in my name enjoy!
Very nice blog you have here
Your followers will love this link