Monday, December 28, 2009

A Bigger View


A Bigger View
Watercolour
75 cm x 53 cm or  30 inches x 21 cm

I have spent some time developing the little tiny paintings that I did the other day and here you see the result.  If you click on the image you will see a much larger version and you may be able to make out the shapes of the distant satellite dishes of Goonhilly on the horizon.
I also have a plan for framing them with the original "on site" paintings, and they would look like this.  I would LOVE to know what you think.


8 comments:

Lizard MCC said...

I like it and the framing idea what size would it end up being

Jeanette said...

I love the colours and patchwork quilt effect in this piece. I think adding the original little paintings is inspired! YES!! They would be so effective, almost like a remarque.

vivien said...

I really like the juxtaposition of the sketches and the finished piece - it adds an extra element and a sense of time and changes as well.

I think you should do more of these :>)

Julie Broom said...

This is a wonderful idea, Sarah. I think any prospective buyer would think it was a huge bonus to have a copy of the preliminary studies along with the finished article. Really special!

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Yes! I agree with all of the above. It really give a sense of completeness and involves the prospective buyer in your process.

Love your patchwork of fields.

shicat said...

Hi, I like the idea of framing the the studies along with the final painting,it gives all of the paintings a sense of purpose,beginning to end, that sort of thing? Also it's way more intertesting. I always enjoy your writings along with your paintings!

Katherine Tyrrell said...

I really like this combination of big picture and sketches.

houndini said...

Simply stunning! ;-)

Happy New Year

Houdini