Monday, December 21, 2009

Winter Solstice


I love this day, the winter solstice.
I have finished all my work and today I shall deck my halls (?) with green from the woods, burn special incence and resins (just did some and nearly set myself on fire, what a way to go, coated in burning Myrrh wearing a red dressing gown on the winter solstice!) I shall make some special presents for people, big Dave is cooking things ready for the feasting on Christmas day and tonight I am off out to dance the year out.
If you have enjoyed looking at my work throughout the year then I am happy, if you have said kind things then I thank you and I hope that you have the very best New Year.
If you would like to use this image as a card then please do, it should print out quite well, click on the image to get a bigger version.

4 comments:

rob ijbema said...

wonderful sarah
have a great time!

Laureline said...

Oh, how gorgeous!!! Happy winter to you!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Beautiful, Sarah! Wishes for (what's left of) a fabulous Solstice celebration. I've been bringing in lots of light in my part of the world. Enjoy your dancing. Many thanks for your hard work on another delightful advent calendar and all of your wonderful painted postings.

Lindsay said...

Happy Winter!!!