Sunday, March 14, 2010

Flower Pickers

Flower Pickers
Watercolour
50 cm x 20 cm or 19.7 inches x 7.9 inches.

After what feels like ages I have some time to be painting again.  I have been skulking around in the daffodil fields sketching the flower pickers.  Inspired by a trip to London and the Van-Gogh exhibition and especially his drawings of agricultural workers I thought a Cornish version would be interesting.  I love figure drawing and the combination of figures, the landscape and patterns made by fields and crops is a rich seam to be mined!
Also it is Mothers Day, so a field of daffodils seems quite appropiate.
For all of you who like watercolour here are a few details of the figures, personally I love to see how other people work by studying the marks and brush strokes so here you go...
(remember that you will see a much larger image if you click on the picture)  and finally my workspace with the lovely flowers that my kids gave to me today, lucky bird!

No comments: