Monday, March 01, 2010

Still Water


Still Water
Watercolour
72 cm x 110cm or 28 inches x 43 inches

For ages it seems I have been embroiled with illustration work, slaving away.  Yesterday I broke the shackles, threw off my bonds and ran free with one of my very large sheets of watercolour paper. 
This is early morning, very quiet and still, water like a rippled mirror, colours heartbreaking in their bright clarity.  Spring has to be not far away, please please, not long now until the trees begin to green up and the land breathes out.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

I so look forward to your paintings being published on your blog. I'll never get to see them in real life being so far away and it's the next best thing. Intangible delight and I struggle to know why they have such an effect on me, but they do. Don't stop exploring.

Debbie Drechsler said...

What an amazing painting! I'm so glad you threw off the shackles and got out there to paint it.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

I'm with you about the spring!

Your painting is just fabulous. So great it was waiting for you when you were ready for it!

Cathy said...

This is simply beautiful! I'm speechless!