Thursday, April 01, 2010

Bright Moss, Soft Rain.

Bright Moss, Soft Rain.
110 cm x 145 cm or 43 inches x 57 inches
Watercolour.

It is finished and I am very happy with it.  I wanted to get the brightness of the moss that grows on trees around here as well as the sense of the soft misty rain, the darkness of being in the woods with the light when you look up.  The colours feel quite accurate to me but in reality I think the pinks and blues might be just a projection... I am sure trees have an aura so maybe that is what is happening here.

7 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Awe inspiring. Beautiful with the bright moss. It looks like you enjoyed yourself with this. I love the size, just right for a huge tree.

Takeyce Walter said...

Sarah - This is magniifcent. Loved watching its progress.

Julie Broom said...

stunning, Sarah! You've captured the soft,damp moss beautifully. I love the composition - the figure in the foreground enhances the vastness of the tree making it quite an intimidating structure, albeit an exquisitly beautiful one.

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Stunning and magical! The tree invites me into the branches. Bravo, Sarah!!

Lorena said...

nice one, I really feel the magic of nature

René PleinAir. said...

Look at that size, and LOOK at that tree!!

Awesome Sarah!

harry bell said...

Gosh, I'm impressed! I've been working on trees recently, but I know I'd never manage to get this kind of thing done with watercolour.