Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Allotment

Allotment.  SOLD
Pure Watercolour.
95 cm x 110 cm or 37.5 inches x 43.3 inches

This allotment is in Harringey, London.  A little garden of Eden in the noise and dust of a big city.   A slice of heaven.  Which is what all gardens are, a haven, a getaway, a retreat, secret or public.  Beautiful, tyhere should be more gardens and green growing things, they sooth the mind and make your head good!
This is a large watercolour, has taken quite a long time to get the right amount of growth.  I wanted to show the variety of leaf shapes without making it a botanical study, I just wanted the lush, over grown tumbleness of it.  I love the little details like the strange windmills and the plastic bottle, recycled polystryine planters and weird bleached wood gate.

1 comment:

tlawwife said...

I love all of your work but this one is my favorite. It really grabbed me when I saw it.