Monday, September 13, 2010

Echinacea

Echinacea
Watercolour
55 cm x 35 cm or 21.7 inches x 13.8 inches

Beautiful cone flowers lighting up an autumn garden.  This time of year in gardens is one of my favourites, dahlias, cone flowers, cannas, sunflowers, sedums all catching halos from a lowering sun, spiders webs bejeweled in dew, its all so beautiful!  I visited Monet's garden in Autumn.  On that day the sky was a thunderous blue grey but the sunlight was spotlighting the amazing displays of dahlias, it was stunning and I took loads of photos.  A few hours later, miles and miles away in some wood in Normandy the photos were accidentally deleted!  I still haven't been back but I have the image of that sky with the brilliant dahlias in my mind, which has no delete button, well not yet anyway!

4 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

This painting is brilliant. I love the way it is just drenched in a myriad of color... the way we feel when we look at beautiful flowers!
Excellent work!

SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
This fabulous work with us
Good creations

Robin said...

I follow your blog and love your work. This painting and the sunflower one in your previous post are at the top of my favorites list! Both grow in my garden and I love your interpretation.

Katherine Tyrrell said...

I love Echinacea - this painting is so redolent of Autumn!