Monday, October 18, 2010

October

October
Oil on Board.
30 cm x26 cm or 12 inches x 10 inches
Late afternoon in October, on the distant shore someone has an autumn bonfire going.  The sun is low, a last sail before laying up for the winter.  There is a wonderful melancholia in the air and the faintest scent of colder air coming from some faraway winter mountains. 
This is looking from Pendennis Point in Falmouth, across the bay towards the Lizard, where I live.  I felt as if I was on holiday, visiting a foreign shore, everything looked new and exciting and this view got my heart pumping.

5 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

So beautiful! I've seen a lake sparkling like this many times. It brings back pleasant memories. Nice job!

bridget Hunter said...

This is a lovley work - very atmospheric colours and you've caught the life beautifully.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

This is gorgeous! I love it! Really nice perspective looking down and across, thank you.

Margaret Bednar said...

Stunning. I'm sure viewing this in person is just amazing.

helen said...

One of my favorite!