Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Winter Paintings on Show


Beside The Wave have their Winter 2010 exhibition up online today, with everything available to purchase from the web site right now and the opening, with mulled wine and mince pies, on Saturday.  It is on for a month and there are some lovely paintings there. 
I wont go on about everyone elses here as I do that on their blog, to which I am a blog reporter and which you must visit, because it has some interesting posts about art and artists...
I am really pleased with my set of paintings, all beautifully framed and looking fantastic.  My absolute favorite is the one at the top, it is very simple, a fallen tree, over the river (Frenchmans creek) in the snow.  I love the very faint reflections of the trees on the other bank.  My next favorite is "Swans on the River" which is the one that was exhibited at the Royal Institute last spring.
All of my paintings, except one, were painted last winter, when it snowed.  I painted them especially for this exhibition, which shows surprising forward planning for me.  Anyway pop over to the web site to see all the paintings that are in the show and don't forget to hook up with the blog, and, if you can, visit the gallery in person.

No comments: