Thursday, January 27, 2011

4am

Oil on board.   SOLD
16 x 10 cm or 6 x 4 inches
I think one of the things that I like most about painting from life is the exaggeration of colour and tone.  I think you do it naturally.  A photograph looks at everything with equal interest and I suppose that a good photographer will change the depth of field or focus to emphasise the things that they are interested in.  That is what happens with painting.  The night sky seemed to be lit from below with an orange glow, low clouds holding in all the light from Falmouth perhaps.  Anyway getting this home and in the light of day I have obviously made a point of it.

2 comments:

René PleinAir. said...

It has a lovely Constable feeling!!

Vivien said...

Strange dramatic sky, and shows how beautiful our planet is - and that humans can depict it!