Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Full moon and Slack Tide



Oil on board
20 cm x 25 cm or 8 inches x 10 inches
The moon is up, almost full, big and so much like a buoy in the water that it out shone all the buoys and I missed them out!  Beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky.  The purple and mauve colours in the water were stunning.  Unfortunately by the time I got home and took a picture of this painting it was dark I had to illuminate it by lamp light and so the photo doesn't show the colour of the sky very well, I might have to take a better image tomorrow.
Big Dave came with me and took these pictures.
of me deep in painting mode and then far far away...

I am the little blob on the left hand pontoon, this is where all the paintings are done from.

1 comment:

SublimeHues said...

Beautiful image! Well done!