Sunday, January 23, 2011

In Out, In Out, Shake it all About!

Applying to societies and groups is a road fraught with difficulty.  I just found out that I didn't get into the St Ives Society of Artists, I had been encouraged to try by several artists that I know, I wanted to join because I think that I would be a good and very energetic member of any society, also I think it is good to get together with people who are doing the same thing as you are...anyway they didn't want me.  Bum!  Getting over the feelings of rejection are getting easier (well a bit) and upon reflection I think my work perhaps isn't quite the thing for them, so on to the next thing. 
Above are the framed and ready to go watercolours for my submission to the The Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colour and that is a society that I really, really want to join!  So fingers crossed for this one, please wish me luck.  Plus the framing has cost an arm and a leg and I don't exactly have a lot of money to throw around right now, I really hope at least one gets in!  I do think they look good though, the framing is lovely, worth every penny, we just wont eat for a while!

5 comments:

Christie said...

These are really beautiful. Good luck!

Carolyn A. Pappas said...

I really love how the framing was done on your paintings. And best of luck with your submissions.

Robin said...

Your work is lovely!! Fingers crossed re: your submissions!

black bear cabin said...

hard to imagine you getting rejected by anyone...your work is lovely! it makes you wonder what exactly are they looking for...but then, when i was in college, there were a lot of artist clicks, so i guess that doesnt change much later on.
your framed selection is awesome, and im sure it will do well. you had them framed beautifully (i used to be a framer), and they really compliment the pieces. Good luck to you...im sure theyre gonna love ya! :)

Joan Y said...

Your framed works are gorgeous! Best of luck to you! *fingers crossed*