Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Rain it Raineth

Oil on board
20 cm x 25 cm or 8 inches x 10 inches
This was painted inside my bag as it was raining so much, I wasn't in the bag, the painting was, in an attempt to keep it dry.  If you click on this you can see some raindrops and the little indents where the picture clamps held it.   I got drenched and the water began to change colour as the mud from the fields was washed down to join the river. 
Luckily it is Sunday so when I had finished sitting out in the pouring rain I was able to get dry in my van, which Big Dave had kindly brought down, and go and have a couple of Sunday lunchtime pints in the sailing club, which, handily, is at the other end of this pontoon!
Mind you, if I am not careful I shall gain myself a reputation for being a little "off normal" if I do this too often in full view of the club house!

2 comments:

René PleinAir. said...

Hey you water-rat!

I see you have the same problem I have, especially
the blue tends to shift doesn't it? Any suggestion which
brand of Ultrm. Blue is more water resistant?
Btw. Is a "overwrap" nothing for you?

Sarah Wimperis said...

Overwrap is a good plan but not on the end of the pontoon, I would blow away!