Friday, January 07, 2011

Winter Woods

Oil on board
16 cm x 16 cm or 6 inches x 6 inches
Rain, rain, rain last night, rain this morning, then a little gap in the rain.  I am enjoying the winter woods, the mossy patina of dark trees, lacy branches smudging the grey skies, soft blankets of wet deep fallen leaves. I think this little project of mine is going to do me good, teaching me to look deeper and think more.  However,  finding better waterproofs is the top plan right now, I need to avoid painters soggy bottom syndrome!!


René PleinAir. said...

I like Muckboots a lot, warm waterproof and you can walk for miles on them.

Lovely little sketch Sarah.

rob ijbema said...

you do water so well sarah

Vivien said...

Wonderful watery, dark and mysterious atmosphere.

oli said...

What a beautiful reflection!