Thursday, February 03, 2011

Hurrah!


It got accepted! This painting has been accepted into the  R.I. 199th Exhibition.  This means that next year I will be able to make an application to be considered for membership.  I am so happy, and relieved.  Often when working away in splendid isolation niggles of doubt creep in about ones ability to paint and it is so good to receive conformation from people whose work you respect that you are doing OK.  I am going to have asparagus and poached egg for my lunch now, by way of a celebration!

10 comments:

Cranky Granny said...

Big congratulations on having this painting accepted for the show. I enjoy viewing your work and admire your skills very much. This painting reminds me of the home we had in Italy a few years ago. Doesn't look at all like the house, but the feeling and setting are the same.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Congratulations!!! Wonderful news. It's a beautiful and very skillful painting. I hope you enjoy your celebratory lunch, well done.

Fine Lines said...

Congratulations!! I love the way you captured the sunlight in this piece.

Jani Lori said...

Congratulations! Well deserved, beautiful work!

Carolyn said...

Congratulations! I am not surprised it made it - this is a beautiful piece.

René PleinAir. said...

Super!!

Gefeliciteerd Sarah, but then again
well VERY well earned, you worked hard enough for it! I still hardly can believe that this is a watercolour, .. so huge and yet soo fresh a real eye-candy.

Carolyn A. Pappas said...

Congratulations Sarah. I think your watercolors are lovely.

black bear cabin said...

that is awesome...congrats!!!

Katherine Tyrrell said...

Well done Sarah! I'll enjoy seeing this one in person!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Congratulations!! You deserve the acceptance, the membership and more. You're a master of watercolor and I'm always delighted to see what you make. Hope you enjoyed the asparagus and poached egg!!!!